Terms and Conditions of Vodafone Innovation Hackathon 010 – 5G Edition
- Objectives of the Hackathon
The Product: the final product of the hackathon that will be assessed by the judgement panel can come in any applicable or presentable form including but not limited to a product, concept, prototype, design, blueprints, working model, software, hardware, etc.
The Product Content: refers to any element or constituent of the Product including its idea, concept, any content used in presenting the product, software code, blueprints, designs, technical documentation or any relevant content.
- Date and place for the Hackathon
September 26th – September 29th in Vodafone HQ Smart Village, Cairo-Alexandria Desert Road.
- Participation criteria:
- The Hackathon is open to all participants (“Participants”); those who have a passion for Software Development, interested in technology and innovation and have an interesting project or idea to enable a Digital Egypt.
- Participation in the Hackathon is open to participants in Egypt who own a National ID. In the event a team wishes to participate, all the members will be considered Participants however the team shall elect one member to be the Principal Participant or Team Leader (“Principal Participant”) who will be presented the prize in case of winning with no liability on Vodafone on how such prize will be split between the team members.
- Requirements for acceptance and rules of participation
- Registering for the hackathon is a Must and entirely free of charge.
- Participants wishing to sign up for the hackathon must complete the online registration form, indicating the personal details of the Team Leader and each team member. All Participants must accept the event regulations and grant consent for the handling of their personal information and for the use to Vodafone.
- Participants shall ensure that the personal information provided upon registration online is true and accurate with no liability on Vodafone in case of its inaccuracy.
- The admission of teams to the competition is on a first-come, first-served basis combined with the most innovative pitch and Technology chosen, and is to be limited to no more than 5 members per team.
- The teams competing must include a Software Developer as part of the team, might include other skillsets as needed to develop the prototype.
- If the information provided during online registration is found to be incomplete and/or inaccurate, even if related to just one team member, the entire team concerned will be excluded from the competition.
- The members of each team undertake not to present projects that have previously been submitted to other initiatives or projects that have been presented at previous Vodafone or non-Vodafone Hackathons.
- Participants should provide a working prototype. The cost of the prototype shall be borne by the participants if needed.
- Participants must not start working on their prototypes before the hackathon start date which is September 26th. And not before they pitch their idea on the hackathon’s first day and get approval.
- Each Participant must bring or obtain whatever hardware and/or software they believe they need to participate (e.g. laptops, phones, etc), including any necessary chargers. Event participants will be held liable for any damage caused to people or property with no liability on Vodafone.
- The panel of judges
The panel will consist of a mix from Vodafone Executives and guest members.
- Winners shall be chosen according to the majority votes of the panel of judges discretion.
- Intellectual property rights, guarantees, and release of responsibility by participating in the hackathon and accepting these Regulations, each participant hereby:
- declares that the Product or Product Content is an original work and in no way violates, in whole or in part, the intellectual or industrial property rights of others and releases Vodafone from any and all responsibility, liability, or request for compensation for damages that should be made by any third party;
- acknowledges that Product or Product Content presented is the property of the Participant, which takes full responsibility for ensuring such rights of ownership, intellectual property and originality within the limits of the law (e.g. filing of patents and other such registrations as appropriate).
- Vodafone may elect to contact any of the Participants at any point of time for more information and to discuss potential forms of collaboration.
- Registration and confirmation process:
Participants MUST submit their application before the announced deadline on the website and the selected teams shall receive a confirmation email from Vodafone one week or less before the event start date.
- The Participants hereby agree and acknowledge that any photos, videos and/or other recordings taken during the Hackathon can and will be used by Vodafone and that Vodafone shall have a perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable, transferable right to copy, use, display and publish the photos, any videotaped, photographed, and/or recorded materials in which you appear in any online, electronic and/or print format (including but not limited any social media sites or platforms) for any educational and/or promotional purposes of Vodafone and/or its Hackathon vendors, contractors, content partners and/or sponsors.
- At any time, in the sole and absolute discretion of Vodafone, Vodafone shall be entitled to disqualify a Participant and/or Team in the event of a failure to meet relevant eligibility criteria or any other violation or suspected violation of these Terms and Conditions.
- Vodafone will determine participation eligibility, declare winners (including but not limited to in the event of a tie), and award prizes in its sole and absolute discretion. You agree that such decisions are final and are not subject to review or reconsideration.
- All prizes will be net of any taxes applicable or required by law to be withheld; to the extent permitted by law.
- The Participants must comply with all applicable Vodafone policies including but not limited to the Vodafone Code of Conduct, Vodafone Physical Security Policy, etc.. Vodafone reserves the right to expel any individual from the premises or to remove the individual from the Hackathon if the individual is not authorized to participate or be present at the Hackathon, is violating any of Vodafone Policies, is violating these Terms and Conditions, and/or is otherwise disruptive or engaging in activities detrimental to the conduct of the Hackathon, all as determined by Vodafone in its sole discretion.
- The Hackathon is made available on an AS-IS, WHERE IS, and any and all implied warranties or duties are hereby disclaimed. Vodafone can discontinue the Hackathon, or suspend or postpone the Hackathon, at any time in its sole discretion.
- The Hackathon, and these Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the Egypt and any claims or disputes relating to the Hackathon and/or these Terms and Conditions must be settled exclusively in the competent Egyptian court.
- To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, Vodafone, its directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, vendors, contractors, content partners and sponsors (collectively, “Indemnitees”) shall not be liable for any damages, losses or claims resulting from any person’s participation (or attempted participation) in the Hackathon and are not responsible for technical problems or technical malfunction or other occurrences which may affect the operation of the Hackathon.
- The Participants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Indemnitees from and against any and all claims, suits, actions, losses, expenses, damages, penalties, and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees resulting from any actual or alleged violation of these Terms and Conditions by your participation in the Hackathon.
- If any portion of these Terms and Conditions is determined by any court or governmental agency of competent jurisdiction to violate applicable law or otherwise not to conform to requirements of law, then the rest of these Terms and Conditions will remain in effect and the parties will substitute a suitable and equitable provision for the invalid/unenforceable provision in order to carry out the original intent and purpose of the original Terms and Conditions.
- You may not assign, delegate or transfer your registration for the Hackathon and/or any of your rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions. Any attempted assignment, delegation or transfer shall be void.
- These Terms and Conditions (which, for clarification, includes the Privacy Statement and all other terms incorporated by reference into these Terms and Conditions), together with any Hackathon registration represent your entire agreement with Vodafone with respect to the Hackathon. These terms cannot be modified or changed except with the written agreement of Vodafone.